There is a great history and tradition attached to the Hamburg Township Post 1419, Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. There is also a proud heritage attached to those who chartered and plotted the course through the decades to make it was it is today: among the top VFW Posts in New York state, as well as the nation.
Originally, the Founding Members of this post met in the back room of the Cloverbank Hotel and later at a room at the Lakeshore Little League. Two of the men, John Granger and Charlie Hughes, led the group to the purchase of a small building and parcel of land for $20,000 . The property was the milking station of the Bugenhagen Farm. This purchase allowed the men to have a Post home of their own where they continued to expand the facilities and grow its membership.
The official charter date was April 24, 1971. During the 80's and 90's, due to increased membership and active leadership, there were opportunities for more expansion and beautification of the property. The building as it stands today has been added on to about five times. A Memorial Park and Museum has been added, along with a significant display of armament.